About Us 关于我们
> Salvation 救恩 calvaryjaya.org/salvation
> About Us 关于我们 calvaryjaya.org/about
> Leaders & Ministries 领导人 & 事工 calvaryjaya.org/ministries
Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship
Calvary reminds us of God's amazing love when He "spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all" (Romans 8:32), and "made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Calvary is the focal point and power of our ministry, "for the preaching of the cross... unto us which are saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18).
"Bible" calls us back to the infallible, inerrant, inspired Word of God. On this Word is founded all our preaching, our faith, our practice, and our entire ministry.
Our Bible is the Sixteenth Century Reformation Bible, the Authorised or King James Version, the most faithful and accurate of all translations; wherefore all our teaching and preaching and writing is based on the King James Bible.
Our fellowship or church is "Presbyterian" because our system of government and administration is by "Presbyters" or "Elders", according to the pattern defined by the Apostle Paul in his epistles to the New Testament Church.
By a "plurality of elders", and not by "one man rule" or by "congregational rule", our Church receives the godly counsel and direction of men of God, tried and tested over years of faithful service "feeding the flock of God" and defending them against the wiles of the devil.
Ours is a congregation of God's people, bonded together by the Saviour's love, and a common purpose: "to know Christ and to make Christ known", to labour together with God in His vineyard during the short day remaining, while the Lord tarries, before He returns.
Statement of Faith
The doctrine of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship shall be in accordance with the system commonly called "The Reformed Faith", as expressed in the Confession of Faith, together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms which Confession and Catechisms are similar to those set forth by the historic Westminster Assembly.
In abbreviated form, the chief tenets of the doctrines of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship, apart from the Apostles' Creed, shall be as follows:
a. We believe in the divine, Verbal Plenary Inspiration (Autographs) and Verbal Plenary Preservation of the Scriptures (Apographs) in the original languages, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and as the perfect Word of God, the Supreme and final authority in faith and life.
b. We believe the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament underlying the Authorised (King James) Version to be the very Word of God, infallible and inerrant.
c. We uphold the Authorised (King James) Version to be the Word of God - the best, most faithful, most accurate, most beautiful translation of the Bible in the English language, and do employ it alone as our primary scriptural text in the public reading, preaching, and teaching of the English Bible.
d. We believe in one God existing in three co-equal and co-eternal Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
e. We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
f. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but sinned through the Fall of Adam, thereby incurring not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
g. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died an expiatory death as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who repent of their sins and believe in Him are justified before God on the grounds of His shed blood.
h. We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His exaltation at the right hand of God, where He intercedes for us as our High Priest and Advocate.
i. We believe in the personal, visible and pre-millennial return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to judge this world and bring peace to the nations.
j. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith, not by works, and that all who repent and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
k. We believe that Christ instituted the sacrament of Baptism for believers and their children and the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper, which shall be observed by His Church till He comes.
l. We believe in the eternal security, bodily resurrection, and eternal blessedness of the saved and in the bodily resurrection and eternal conscious punishment of the lost;
m. We believe in the real, spiritual unity in Christ of all redeemed by His precious blood and the necessity of maintaining the purity in doctrine and life according to the Word of God and
n. We believe in the divine mandate by God not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor 6:14-7:1), and also disobedient brethren (2 Thess 3:6-15). We are to be a people called out and set apart from the world. Thus, biblical separation is a defining distinctive of the Bible-Presbyterian Church
f. 我们相信世人乃是按着神的形象造成的，却在亚当首次过犯中一同犯罪堕落，从而招致不独是肉身的死，灵魂亦因之而死 – 即是与神隔绝。并且全人类带罪性而生，故在其思想和言行上皆有罪。
Verbal Plenary Preservation of Scripture
The Session of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship affirms and continues to uphold its stand in the Constitution Article 4.2.1 which states:-
We believe in the divine, verbal and plenary inspiration of the Scriptures in the original languages, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and, as the Word of God, the Supreme and final authority in faith and life.
This is further elaborated in the following tenets by Far Eastern Bible College, Singapore (published in The Burning Bush, January 2006 issue, Volume 12 Number 1) and embraced by Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship:
1. God has supernaturally preserved each and every one of His inspired Hebrew/Aramaic OT words and Greek NT words to the last jot and tittle, so that in every age, God's people will always have in their possession His infallible and inerrant Word kept intact without the loss of any word (Ps 12:6-7, Matt 5:18, 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33, John 10:35).
2. The "providential" preservation of Scriptures is understood as God's special and not general providence. Special providence or providentia extraordinaria speaks of God's miraculous intervention in the events of history and in the affairs of mankind in fulfilment of His sovereign will for the sake of His elect and to the glory of His Name. The divine preservation of the Canon (books) and Text (words) of Scripture comes under God's special providence.
3. The Bible is not only infallible and inerrant in the past (in the Autographs), but also infallible and inerrant today (in the Apographs).
4. The infallible and inerrant words of Scripture are found in the faithfully preserved Traditional/Byzantine/Majority manuscripts, and fully represented in the Printed and Received Text (or Textus Receptus) that underlie the Reformation Bibles best represented by the KJV, and NOT in the corrupted and rejected texts of Westcott and Hort that underlie the many modern versions of the English Bible like the NIV, NASV, ESV, RSV, TEV, CEV, TLB etc.
5. There are no mistakes in the Bible, period. If there are "discrepancies" in the Bible, the "discrepancies" are only seeming or apparent, NOT real or actual. Any inability to understand or explain difficult passages in the Bible in no way negates its infallibility and inerrancy, applying the faithful Pauline principle of biblical interpretation: "let God be true, but every man a liar" (Rom 3:4).
6. Knowing where the perfect Bible is, is a matter of textual recognition and NOT textual criticism. In the field of textual recognition, Burgon is good, Hills is better, Waite is best.
7. The Chinese Union Version (CUV) is the "Word of God" for the Chinese people today since it is the best, most faithful, most reliable, and most accurate version among the Chinese versions presently available. Great care ought to be taken not to undermine our Chinese brethren's confidence in the CUV. Nevertheless, versions or translations are never superior to the inspired and preserved Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek Scriptures; thus there is a need to consult these original language Scriptures for clarity and fullness of meaning, and to compare Scripture with Scripture.
笃信圣经长老会八打灵加略堂长老执事会确认及继续支持在章程第 4 条款 2.1 项里所记载的信仰 :-
我们相信圣经是完全神所默示 的，在原文中的一个字句都是神所默示的，所以它是无错误的，也 不可能有错误，神的道是我们的信仰及生活的最高权威。
此外，以下的新加坡远东神学院的教条详尽说明（刊登在院刊「燃 烧的荆棘」2006 年 1 月份 刊 第十二册第一号）也被我们接受为 我们的教条 :-
1. 上帝用超自然的方法来保护祂所默示的每一个旧约中的希伯来 及亚兰文字及新约的希腊文字的每一点每一畫，使到神的子民在每 一世代常常拥有祂无错误及也不可能有错误的道，神的道被完全保 守，连一个字也没有遗失。(诗篇 12:6-7, 马太 5:18,24:35, 马可 13:31, 路加 21: 33, 约翰 10:35)。
2. 圣经护理性的保守是指神特别的护理而非普通的护理。特别的 护理是指 神在历史的事件中及人类的事务中用神迹来介入。使到 祂的王权旨意成就，这是为了祂 的选民及祂名的荣耀。祂特别的 护理使到祂保守了圣经里的正典（66 本书）及经文（字眼）。
3. 圣经不但在以往的（原稿 ）是不可能有误的，也在现有的 （手抄稿）同样是无误及不可能有错误的。
4. 圣经的无误及不可能错误是在被保守的传统/拜占庭/大多数手 稿及在印刷及公认经文内完全代表，这些手稿被用来翻译改革宗的 圣经，以英皇钦定本（KJV）为最佳代表，而（不是）在不忠实及 被拒绝了的威斯科特与霍尔特（Wescott & Hort）编辑的经文， 这些不忠实的经文成为许多英文现代版本（如 NIV, NASV, ESV, RSV, TEV, CEV, TLB 等）的根据。
5. 圣经是永远没有错误的。如发现有小差别，这些小差别只是表 面上的， 并不是真的或实在的。 不能明白或解释圣经中难解的 经文并不能否定它的无误及不可能有错误，我们当用保罗的忠实解 经原则 "神是真实的，人都是虚谎的。" (罗马书 3:4 )。
6. 要知道完全的圣经是基于经文的认知而非经文的批判。在经文 的认知方 面，Dean Burgon 算好，Edward Hills 更好，D.A. Waite 最好。
7. 中文圣经和合本是今天华人的上帝的道，因它是最好，最忠 实，最可靠 及最准确的现有的中文版本。 我们要谨慎，不要削弱 我们华人弟兄对和合本的信心。无论如何，版本或翻译本都永远不 能超越被默示及永远被保守了的希伯来文，亚兰文及希腊文圣经， 所以有需要去查阅些原文圣经来看清楚意思及它的全面意思，以及 以经文比较经文。