Dear Members in Christ,
It is the practice of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship (CJBPF) to have a “Pledge of Service to the Lord on Dedication Service” (Pledge of Dedication Service, in short) on the first Lord’s day of the year. However, this Lord’s day, at the time of writing, we are not able to do so in view of the CMCO. Once the CMCO is lifted, we will proceed with the Pledge on the first available Lord’s day.
What is the “Pledge of Dedication Service”? This Pledge is the Promise or Vow made before God to serve Him faithfully and to co-labour with the other members of CJBPF as one body in the Lord and members of one another. He/She promises to use the gifts which God has given, according to the proportion of faith, and to serve consistently, diligently and cheerfully to the Lord. He/She also promises to love one another with brotherly love, in honour preferring one another, not slothful in business, but fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.
Who should take the Pledge? All members and believers in Christ who are serving God in CJBPF. In the book of Romans, the Apostle Paul urged the “… brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” Romans 12:1.
When we serve God, we should serve Him wholeheartedly, with singleness of mind, and cheerfully at all times. We may meet oppositions, persecutions, criticisms, unfavourable comments, hardships, problems and a host of other unpleasant situations and challenges. We should not give up nor stop serving Him. We persevere and we look to Him in prayer, asking for grace and strength to continue serving. Serving God requires singleness of mind, commitment and dependency on His strength and wisdom … not looking to man nor ourselves.
We sacrifice our time, effort and resources in order to serve Him profitably for His glory. We serve God with gladness not with deadness of spirit. Our service must be spontaneous and fill with joy. It should not be out of compulsion nor some other persuasion or unwillingness. Service with cheerfulness is from the heart that encourages many to serve joyfully together.
To serve God we must be “doers of the word, and not hearers only” James 1:22. Thus, we must know His Word and walk faithfully in His Word. We must spend time reading and dividing His Word of Truth in order to know Him intimately. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” 2 Timothy 2:15. We can do this through daily Bible reading and using godly biblical commentaries to help us along. Taking up online FEBC courses and attending Bible study groups for example, are also ways to “… grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ ...” 2 Peter 3:18.
To serve harmoniously together, as members of the same body of Christ, we must not only practise godly brotherly love, care and fellowship with one another but also have similar understanding of His Word - in doctrine, faith and practice.
The doctrines of Verbal Plenary Inspiration (VPI) and Verbal Plenary Preservation (VPP) are two of the most fundamental and important doctrines that CJBPF believes and upholds. Without believing in the VPI and VPP, our faith would be in vain as we would not be having the preserved Word of God, the Holy Bible with every jot and tittle of His Word preserved (Psalm 12:6-7, Matthew 5:18). We would be lost, remained in our sin, and condemned to Hell as we would not have an omnipotent God who can do all the impossible as He said “all things are possible” in Him. “… With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26.
Thus, the English KJV Bible (KJVB), inerrant, infallible and immutable, that we have in our hands today, upon the doctrines of VPI and VPP, is the best, most faithful, most accurate and most beautiful translation in the English language from the original preserved text of the Hebrew Aramaic Masoretic texts and the Greek Textus Receptus. Without compromise and doubt, we confidently employ the KJVB as our primary scriptural text in the public reading, preaching and teaching of the English Bible.
CJBPF is a fundamental Church. We are of the Bible Presbyterian persuasion. The doctrine is in accordance with the system commonly called "The Reformed Faith", as expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith, together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. The “Reformed Faith” is also commonly known in church history as Calvinism, the purest and most consistent embodiment of the Christian faith that declares the sovereignty of God and the total depravity of man.
Serving the Lord together, we therefore make our “Pledge of Dedication Service”, with conscience of mind, to serve God, as individual and corporately, wholeheartedly, diligently, consistently and cheerfully in the Ministries that He gives to each one of us whether in the Pulpit Ministry, preaching, teaching, missions, evangelism, personal witnessing, Church visitations, Choir & music, Sunday Schools, Fellowship & Prayer groups, Office Administration & Maintenance, Stewardship & Hospitality, PA & online Media Ministry, Kitchen Ministry, transportation etc.
“… for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10. To God be the Glory!
DEDICATION PLEDGE AND PROMISE OF SERVING MEMBERS
1. I believe the KJV to be the most faithful and accurate translation of the perfect Word of God and to be used for both private and public reading, teaching, and preaching of God’s Holy and precious Word.
2. I believe in the divine, verbal, plenary, inspiration and preservation of the Scriptures. These Scriptures are identified in the Manuscripts of the Old and New Testaments in the original languages from which the King James Bible was translated.
3. I believe in all the doctrines of the Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship and in the historic Westminster Confession of Faith.
4. I subscribe to and am in full agreement with the ecclesiastical government of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship according to its Constitution.
5. I accept my office wholeheartedly and promise before God and this Congregation to faithfully perform all my duties.
6. I promise to study the peace, purity and unity of the church at all times.
7. I promise to devote myself daily to prayer and to the study of God’s Word.
8. I promise to earnestly contend for the Word of God, the testimony of Jesus Christ, and the faith of the Gospel together with the other members of Session until the glorious appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. I swear in the name of the triune God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—that the Bible is none other than the voice of Him that sitteth upon the throne. Every book of it, every chapter of it, every verse of it, every word of it, every syllable of it, every letter of it, is the direct utterance of the Most High. The Bible is none other than the Word of God, not some part of it more, some part of it less, but all alike the utterance of Him that sitteth upon the throne, faultless, unerring, supreme. So help me God. Amen.
In Christ, Eld Choe TS